Founded in 1930, St. George’s School is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centered education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment. The School’s philosophy encourages an individualized approach to teaching and learning while fostering excellence and rigour within our classrooms. Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-20 part-time (70%) position of
Student Support Coordinator
Reporting to the the Assistant Head, Curriculum/Research & Innovation, the Student Support Coordinator is responsible for grade 7 and 8 learners, and grade 7, 8 and 9 international students. He/she supports students, parents and teachers in order to provide a cohesive team approach to developing independent and self-motivated learners.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Foster collaborative relationships with student, faculty and parents in order to facilitate/enrich student learning and personal growth;
- Engage in collaborative analysis of individual student’s reality from a social, emotional, cognitive and academic perspective;
- Orchestrate and manage formal afterschool skill building sessions for students to improve organizational/time management/study skills;
- Coach individual students towards self-reliance and resiliency;
- Liaise with the elementary school for thorough and seamless integration of grade 6 students;
- Liaise with outside psycho-educational professionals to provide informed academic support for students.
- Assist teachers and the Assistant Head, Curriculum in developing greater awareness of strategies for individual learners;
- Ensure that remedial/enrichment strategies for individual learners are relevant by staying informed about curriculum developments and pedagogy
- Teaching degree with special education certification
- At least 5 years experience in education, preferably in a student support facilitation capacity
- Maturity and judgement
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to facilitate conversations where multiple viewpoints are considered
- Flexible mindset
- Service orientation
Please submit your letter of application and curriculum vitae to:
Ms. Sharon Picard
Coordinator of Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.