Founded in 1930, St. George’s School is an independent K-11, co-educational, non-denominational school located in Westmount, Quebec. Applications are now being accepted for the following coaching positions:
Basketball Coach - September 24, 2018 - March 1, 2019
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Athletics & Recreation, the coach is responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for our student athletes to learn and enjoy the game(s).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with GMAA and School regulations.
- Attend GMAA scheduling meeting, Thursday October 4, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Run a minimum of two practices per week between 3:15-4:45 p.m. and/or 4:45-6:15 p.m.
- Liaise with the Coordinator, Athletics & Recreation on a weekly basis about team progress
- Track player attendance and behavior and report any and all issues to the Coordinator, Athletics & Recreation
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments
- Oversee the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes
- Attend all GMAA league games and practices
- Ensure adherence to all GMAA and School rules by athletes and supporting staff
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep informed of the athletic performance of students
- Supervise athletes during practices and competition. Be available for some 1-day (November) and overnight tournaments (January)
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury
- Enforce comportment policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles
- Model respectful behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators at all times
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program
- Maintain the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security during practices
- Submit a list of award winners at the end of the season
- Participate in special activities to include parent’s night, award nights, and assemblies, as required
Previous coaching and/or playing experience at any level in the specified sport. Level 1 Coaching certification is an asset as well as First Aid and CPR/AED certifications. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well within a team setting. Judicial records verification will be required.
Please submit your letter of application and curriculum vitae prior to September 20, 2018 to:
Ms. Holly Durkee
Coordinator, Athletics & Recreation
St. George's School of Montreal
3100 The Boulevard
Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9
Fax (514) 933-3621
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above positions; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.