Founded in 1930, St. George’s School is an independent K-11 co-educational, non-denominational school located in Westmount, Quebec. Applications are being accepted for the following positions:
• Cleaner (part time weekends/on call)
Under the supervision of the evening custodian, cleaners carry out maintenance work as well as preventive and physical upkeep of buildings. Part-time hours are usually on weekends but may include evenings when necessary.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- performing tasks aimed at ensuring the cleanliness of the premises and keeping equipment in good condition.
- sweeping, mopping, washing, stripping and waxing floors and steps;
- washing walls and ceilings, water fountains, sinks, washbasins, washroom counters, toilets, showers;
- dusting furniture and surfaces;
- removing garbage, emptying waste baskets and recycling bins and disposing of them for collection;
- washing windows, inside and out, as well as blinds;
- reporting any breakdown detected while on duty;
- cleaning air supply and return grills and diffusers.
- using, storing and disposing of various products required in carrying out duties in a safe manner, while respecting standards.
- moving required furniture and handling or storing goods/materials/equipment required to carry out the work.
- preparing for events and cleaning up afterward, as required
- any other related duties as assigned
- minimum 6 months’ experience in institutional maintenance
- able to work within a team and occasionally manage a flexible schedule
- able and willing to replace custodial staff on occasion would be an asset
- verification of judicial records
Please submit your curriculum vitae (in English) to:
Ms. Sharon Picard
Coordinator of Human Resources
St. George's School of Montreal
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.